View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
Wow.. I am surprised so far more than 1/3rd of the auto drivers use two feet! I also feel this is wrong on multiple levels for many of the reasons listed. Over-using the break when it shouldn't be used or sometimes accidentally holding it down keeping the break light on. The other reason is in an emergency stop I think you are going to press down both feet not intentionally. I know when I have had to do an emergency stop I always end up pushing down with both my feet subconsciously (clutch and break).
You can easily accept that just about anyone can manage three pedals using two feet, but you can't see how the same people could manage two pedals with two feet?

I don't press on the brake pedal unless I am actually braking or feel that there is a high probability that I will need to apply the brakes as quickly as possible (in which case, I have my right foot off the gas and am slowing slightly, so brake lights aren't exactly inappropriate).