View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Osiris
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Angry
Osiris will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondoc View Post
Under hard acceleration, not necessarily WOT, but still pushing it she runs fine. With casual driving she seems to both hesitate and surge between 2800rpm and 4000. Above and below those numbers she runs fine.

One of their techs - Sam Camarillo - has a Cipher run from me and is working on it, but after 4 days when I got impatient he stated, "Still looking at data. Will have to dig deeper as I haven’t seen this before."
I'm having this exact same issue. Had my tuner data log it while i was driving the car...says the MAF's voltage is fluctuating a whole voltage up and down like it doesn't know what to do. Mine is occurring around 2900-3200rpm (normal cruising rpm) But when i'm on the accelerator the symptom goes away. Prior to upgrading my bypass valve, the issue occurred at a higher rpm range 3500-4000rpm. The theory is that it is air turbulence on the MAF's and/or poorly designed reciruclation tube where it connects back into the main tube going into the blower. The recirculation tube right now basically T-bones into the main tube when ideally it should curve into it facing the blower.

But as of now, i have no solution. The shop i take my car to wants to extend the pipes before the MAF's to see if that would help. So if you find a solution, please let me know.

^^^^^^^^^Like our Facebook!^^^^^^^^^
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote