View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #106 (permalink)
homeslice
Base Member

Drives: 1990 300Z
homeslice is on a distinguished road

It never ceases to amaze me that conventional oils are even legal. There's no benefit at all to using them except during break-in. After that, a person should NEVER use them again. Ever person I've known to put in Amsoil has seen some kind of MPG improvement, which negates the cost of their oil.

I have tried just about every synthetic oil on the shelf. Amsoil has given me the most gains and has cost me the least amount of money to use, plus the stuff has all kinds of ASTM testing proving that their oil is better than Mobil 1, Red Line, Royal Purple, Lucas and everything else popular that other people seem to want to bother with.

After I have figured out the gains in MPG, Amsoil has been free ever since I switched over to it. The gas I save far exceeds the cost of the oil which makes it worth it.

If another oil was better, I'd use it. So far nothing I've seen or tried is proven to be any better. I've known many friends or co-workers over the years to have blown engines while using Royal Purple, Red Line and Mobil 1. I have never seen one single person blow an engine while using Amsoil.

If I had the time, I'd become a dealer for Amsoil, but I don't have the experience of making web sites, etc. to do so.