View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 01:08 AM   #34 (permalink)
datsunguy
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG/B 7AT
datsunguy is on a distinguished road

I'm very particular about my 370 too, it's never been driven in the rain and I've owned it since January. It's never spent a night outside the garage either but I can tell you this based on a 5 year ownership of my previous 350. You are either going to get a clear bra or you are going to get a few chips and the paint on the front bumper is going to semi-sandblast itself thin after a year or so. Z's have a tendency to suck road debris up on the bumper, hood and leading edges of the fenders.

My point is it's probably NOT going to happen on an occasional interstate trip. All that's going to produce are a lot of dead bugs that you will have to wax out when you get back.

It will be interesting to see how you feel in a year or too when everything about your car is perfect and the front bumper and hood are toast. I'm not a fan of clear bras so I just ended up having my bumper repainted twice and the hood once, off the car of course, over that 5 year period. Save your tape money to have this done if you want your car to stay that perfect because you'll need it. Now at 10 months old my 370 is doing the same thing and none of it happened on my two road trips.

09 370Z Platinum Graphite/Black Touring Sport 7AT
93 Pathfinder SE V6 4x4 winter driver
datsunguy is offline   Reply With Quote