View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I do run 18s, but I don't really think its ideal, as tire size is very limited in race compounds. If you are lowered and run a 275/35-18, you may bottom out under braking. I did and wore the edge of the bottom of my bumper and undertray. Now I'm running 295/40-18 Hoosiers, which look like tank tires, but work and in NT01s, 275/40-18, but Nitto and R888s are the only ones that come in that size.
Thanks for sharing. I currently track my car with it set up at a ride height as high as possibly on my KW V3 due to me needing to drive it on street as well as allowing travel for track bumps, (i.e. Corkscrew at Laguna Seca) I wonder if 35 aspect ratio would be an issue over 40.