View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #439 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleONE View Post
We pulled the filters off completely on the dyno to see if we picked up or lost any power, however there was no difference. I am sure we can do some runs with the bumper on if there is a speculation that this is inflating results. Also the car did go 11.8 @ 124 (with the bumper on). That trap speed is a very good indication that the car is still making the stated power levels.

I wasn't saying anything about the Filters being on or off, but about the front Bumper being off. On a strip is one thing because the car is moving, not on a dyno where its sitting in one spot. Yes, I see blower fans, but those are focused for radiator/intercooler cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
This whole filter talk about being restricted where they sit is a bit rediculous. I mean its not like you force air into the intakes. They create a vacuume. They dont really need that much space. Just as long as they are not sucking in hot air really is the only concern and where they are positioned they will not do that.

Look at the BP kit. He has just one filter on there in a crammed location. These two filters will be just fine.
Right they do, not questioning that. But what happens when the vacuum is greater than the volume of air that's able to fill the space since there's not a direct opening? That's the only thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Great input! If this was a NA application it would be much more crucial. What is more important is how straight of a shot it is from the filter to the turbo. Large bends combined with large distances can greatly restrict. In the case of our kit it is as close to a straight shot is it is going to get.

Thanks, Tony
Of course, not commenting about the flow of the pipes Tony, just curious about the placement of filters in terms of available airflow.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote