Thread: [For Sale] Pair of USDM door handles
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Can you elaborate on how you messed them up? I'm considering painting mine, but since it's a DD I'm hesitant. I'm wondering if I could sand yours down and paint them and see how they come out.
Mostly it was incompetence on the part of the person I asked to paint for me. I had originally planned to paint it myself but a buddy needed the money and said he could do it. I had no reason not to believe him since we both went to Art Center and we had both passed an automotive painting class. Unfortunately I miscalculated his ineptitude (I'm bitter, can you tell?) and he put WAY too much primer to the point where nothing fit back together. For example, the unlock button no longer fit through the hole.

I tried to cut costs by doing it myself but from the quote that pro shops gave me you're not saving much by doing it yourself.

Pro shops will have no problem with painting your handles.

You could certainly try to paint my handles but I think it'd be easier (no prep work necessary) to send in your handles to paint.
dP3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote