View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gawl128
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
Gawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I'm still not understanding you guys when you say your hearing a whining noise. Clutch chatter in neutral and the 1st to 2nd clunk sound is normal and common on our Z's... But this is the first time I've heard about whining noise...
I'm going to try and shoot a video when I can just for reference sake, but here is the best description I have.

When in first gear - If you steadily increase speed (rolling speed, not just engine speed - ie not just RPMs at a stand still), you can hear a subtle "whine". This is greatly augmented if you depress the clutch and leave 1st gear engaged while the car is still in motion.

Often when I experience this I am in first gear + accelerating and for some reason (usually traffic), need to return to neutral. I depress the clutch. In that instance, before I remove the car from 1st gear and return it to neutral - a "run-run-run-run-runnnn" in a whining fashion is herd....... That's my best attempt at describing what I hear.

Its isn't crazy loud, and you can't here it with the windows down or decent music playing BUT its there.
Gawl's Journal - 2011 370Z Nismo #475
Gawl128 is offline   Reply With Quote