Thread: Snow question
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Congratulations on the safe trip and

My wife had no trouble driving the Z in 5" heels... manual transmission

It seems Blizzaks are generally the snow tire of choice around the forum, but don't take this Texan's word for it. If you can avoid driving in the snow for the rest of the winter season, you may be able to put off new tires until you need them or until next winter. At that point you may just want some high quality all season tires if you don't see too much snow or can avoid driving in it (i.e. public transportation or boyfriend drives you).

Or as Kenchan recommends the Conti DWS
mr. jar - if it's very light snow less than 1inch, i think the Z can handle it no problem with the DWS. my dd's front wheel drive, so it can handle a lot deeper snows even with the DWS.

but anything deep, i recommend the LM60's for the Z.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote