Thread: Snow question
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #20 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Man, so many wise-*** comments in one thread. Just help her out and be done with it.

Put simply OP, the OEM tires are designed for summer driving. Once the temperature drops to freezing, the rubber hardens and loose a lot of grip. Any snow on the ground is only going to make it worst. Once they clear the road, you'll be fine...but I would go easy on the throttle. It's not impossible to drive with summer tires in very light snow, but I would avoid it if you can. A dedicated winter setup is best as some have suggested, but you can also your tire setup to All-Seasons if you're mostly doing normal daily driving.
already did, post #14. or take me out of your iggylist and you wont miss the goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hey layla- the tires that come with the Z are NOT suitable to drive in snow... even with the VDC (traction/yaw control) turned on.

pick up the car when the roads are clear. i am not kidding.

GL!
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote