View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl128 View Post
So I know we have a decent amount of transmission noise. I also know our light weight flywheel by nature is anything but quiet, and that you can expect the throw-out barring to making some "spinning chatter" (as another forum member put it)...
Trust me, our flywheels are anything BUT light weight, lol. They are a hefty 32lbs.

I got a Southbend stage 2 clutch and a 22lb flywheel that I bought from ZSpeed Performance. It feels just like stock, with just a tad bit more flywheel chatter when you are in neutral. But when you get on the gas, you can really feel the weight differences in the flywheel, the car just revs out so much quicker now.

Just remember, if you upgrade your clutch, upgrade the clutch slave cylinder as well.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote