View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gawl128
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
Gawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond reputeGawl128 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Flywheel/ Throw-out barring "chatter"....

So I know we have a decent amount of transmission noise. I also know our light weight flywheel by nature is anything but quiet, and that you can expect the throw-out barring to making some "spinning chatter" (as another forum member put it)...

Here is my issue. The OCD in me, when I'm sitting at a light listening to the decently noisie sounds, can't help but think something is wrong.

Of course I understand that out cars have little to no sound dampening, and it really is a joy to hear everything the car is doing... I'm fine with all that, so long as everything I am hearing is good.

I guess what I'm getting at is: Should I just expect this much noise when the car is in nuetral, clutch pedal not depressed (most noises go away whe it is depressed)? Additionally, is the transmission "whine" in first gear - healthy and normal? (When winding out first gear, the trans just sounds likes it whining, even more so if you depress the clutch and slowly go to second or are in the process of putting it back into neutral. Once in neutral or second, the noise calms down and is gone)

Sorry for being such a baby, I just want to get the transmission looked at if any of this sounds a little too abnormal. Hope most of this makes sense.
Gawl128 is offline   Reply With Quote