Thread: Amuse
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Reaper42
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GetLucky370
Reaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to behold

I have personally discussed with the VP of Nissan Performance here in the US and he even says that the japanese community overseas doesn't much care for the US market. Its not that they hate Americans, its just they have their own thing going on over there and aren't that interested with sharing with the rest of the world just yet. Buying the authentic amuse kit, you are paying A LOT more than you would if you were a normal kid living over in Japan. So a lot of people need to realize that you arent really paying so much for an extremely higher quality kit. You are paying for the japanese not really caring to sell those parts in the US market. I have an authentic amuse single exit exhaust system, and I can tell you its a piece of ****, multiple welds completely failed after not even 5k miles. Compared to my fabulous, made in America Fast Intentions exhaust which after many miles still looks as fantastic as the day I got it brand new. So if you wanna pay the extra cash for exchange rates and international shipping (not build quality) and then pay even more to have carbon fiber added on top of the FRP bumper then go ahead. The replica I have with the "see through" was because light shining through the unfinished carbon fiber weave, after the bumper was prepped and painted there is no more "see through" And other than that little nickpicking the bumper fit great and is very sturdy and well made.

So idk about some people, but I am all about creating jobs in the USA, and if the japanese companies like Amuse want to stick to their current business models, that they dont really care to sell to US market, than thats fine by me, at least I supported a working man here in the US.

And by all means, if companies like Amuse want to make an ACTUAL presence in the US market with their products, then I will fully support that and buy products from the "original designer" since Ill be paying same prices a Fairlady Z owner in japan pays.
Reaper42 is offline   Reply With Quote