View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasubiker View Post
MJB...yes I am aware.

Not too concerned with sanding, time, effort, fit. Body work is fun. My folks build kit cars in their retirement so I pretty much have a body shop and paint booth at my disposal. I am used to working with fiberglass, so I'd also have to figure out how to repair this material if I went with it. My vet buddies agree with you guys that duraflex is crap but want more opinions. My concern is durability. I'm rough on anything with wheels.
If you like it rough then go for it! My 240sx was my first drift car so I would hit cones and break pieces off of the front of the bumper. Then I would go to Autozone and buy a fiberglass repair kit and make it stronger than ever. After that my bumper would fly off the car since I held it on with zip ties and the bumper would just slide across the concrete with little to no damage because I had reinforced the bottom with multiple layers.
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote