View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
In response to sidewall stiffness, it's a bit relative and ppl's opinion will vary based on subjective experience. But seems like invos are believed to have soft sidewalls

Nitto Invos soft sidewall? - Corvette Forum

Nitto NT05 335 on Gen III/IV rear [Archive] - Viper Club of America Discussion Forums

Op already complained about v12 soft sidewalls, invo looks to be along that line. For the price and op's purpose, I say try DW. If op can afford it, go with PSS plain and simple.
Not sure where you got that from...

Second post on the corvette forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafey
Yes. Yes they do. They have a soft sidewall. There. I've said it. It's out in the open. Now everyone knows.

To be fair, the Invo is not a road race tire. If that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere. If you're going to track it, get something else. If you want a street tire that sticks as good or maybe a bit better than a F1 Supercar, absorbs road bumps, is dead quiet, is great in the rain, and doesn't break the bank to buy then get this tire.
I think the OP will be happier with the Invos over the V12s. That said, if he wants to spend more on the PSS, then I think he will be happy with those as well. I would guess the RE11s will give better performance than any of these tires, but at a cost of longevity.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote