View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
RAM82
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
RAM82 is on a distinguished road
Default Tuning & Modifications

Hey everyone,

Well short story is I spun out my 2011 5.0 and it was declared a total loss vehicle so I took it as a opportunity to jump into a new 370Z. Loved these cars for some time now and I'm very excited about my new wheels. I have just one main question that I would appreciate help with.

How would one go about tuning these cars (parameters such as fuel, air and timing) once modifications are installed. For example with my 5.0 I installed a intake manifold, throttle body, cold air, long tube headers, high flow cats, performance mufflers and rear end gears. Once all this was installed all I had to do was plug in a SCT tuner to the ODBII port and load a custom email tune that was sent to me from my tuner and I was good to go

Is this similar for the 370's, are there tuners out there that send a tune based on your mods and you just plug a flash device into the port and load the new tables? If so what is the flash tool most commonly used?

I need some clarification on this as soon as possible please. I would also appreciate any recommended tuners and or suppliers for aftermarket parts. I also dont care if people feel that certain mods dont need tuning. I'm very picky and will tune no matter what mods are installed. Any help is greatly appreciated. I want to start my build ASAP but need some direction first.

Thanks
RAM82 is offline   Reply With Quote