View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #405 (permalink)
enkei2k
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 G41 B/S M6
enkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb@SZ View Post
They are using a much more superior turbo than the normal 2871R. The 2871R is actually not a "great" turbo. The compressor wheel to turbine wheel size difference on the 2871R introduces a very inefficient weak spot on that turbo that will make it laggier and not as responsive. It has too much back pressure as well which is death to any turbocharged motor. If your going to use a 71 wheel you want to step up to a 3071 that uses a larger turbine wheel.

The FI kit uses a much much much better turbo using the new Garrett GTX compressor wheel.
Yes, I understand that the GTX is better, but they're using that for the upper stage TT kits, I was more questioning the 'stage 1' kit, since that's what I will most likely be getting in the future. Thank you for your response though, learn something new every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub370 View Post
question answer

Lower cost is a big driving factor when making fi kits for the masses as well
I suppose, but it's a small difference (~$100 or so) between the two. I guess the GT28RS would be better for DD purposes compared to the 2871 anyway.