View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
spoolio
Base Member

Drives: 370Z & turbo'd rx-8
spoolio is on a distinguished road

the passenger side rear quarter panel had 5-7 significant blotches on it. You'd have to be blind not to see it, especially on a black car. It was clear that something had happened to the car in transport to the dealership and someone along the line had tried to fix it as you could see wet sanding type marks all over it. Since it was clearcoat failure and the fact I would have had diminished value right off the bat I had to reject it. There were scrates thru the clearcoat on the trunk too but if that was the only issue I would've taken it.

I know crap happens to cars in transport on the boat, on the dock, on the trucks etc so I was very understanding. What I was not understanding of was the fact that they would not order me a new one at the agreed to price All along it was assumed they would have to order me a car from the factory since the options I wanted seemed to be non-existent in the cars that were already delivered to this coast. They had managed to find this one on the dock or some surplus non-allocated stock (now I know why it wasn't allocated!) so they got it quickly. Not my fault it was screwed up so in my opinion they should have rejected on their own accord and ordered me another one, especially considering I had given them a deposit. Very poor customer service IMO.

The sales guy was understanding but his mgr, Bob, was a tool.
spoolio is offline   Reply With Quote