View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
orion32773
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Z Touring Sport
orion32773 is on a distinguished road
Default Front Tire Question

I am new to owning a Z car....well any sports car for that matter....so forgive my greenness. I own a 2009 370 and recently just replaced the original back tires. I didn't really want to plop down the money for the Yokohama ADVAN Sports so I went with some recommended Dunlop fierce instinct tires from a local shop. They've been fine and the tire place told me to come back when the fronts were ready....they had a few thousand miles left on them. The time came to replace the fronts and so I called the tire place and the guy tells me....sorry but they don't make a Dunlop fierce tire in that front size. Thanks for selling me rears with no matching fronts....now I will have mismatched tires. I was frustrated so I chose not to go back to that tire shop. I went to another place and picked the michelin pilot super sport. Ive had them on for a month and performance and ride is fine but I'm really not a big fan of the look which brings me to my question. Attached are some pics of the fronts and rears. I like that narrow look (Kind of low profile) look that the rears have which I have found that the lip/tire flange/rim protector adds to this effect. If you look at the fronts you can see that the tire is pretty much flush with the rim and they look really bubbly. It's really bugging me. Is this just the way that the pilot super sports are (Beefy and no rim protector)? I swear that the Yokohama ADVAN Sports were not this way but I can't remember the look at this point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1115.jpg (648.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1116.jpg (713.1 KB, 34 views)
orion32773 is offline   Reply With Quote