View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #388 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb@SZ View Post
Drag radials and done! Wider is always not better. There are many opinions on using a wider tire will help traction however it can make matters worse. There is less pressure per square inch on the contact patch of the tire.
Blake, you'll want to look into some Mickey Thompson DRs or even the Nitto NT05Rs for the street.
Seb,

You are correct my friend. Back on my TT mustang I was having a hard time to consistently cut 1.4 60's and 9.20 was my best in the 1/4 mile. I had a Mickey Thompson 28x10.5W. That tire is about 11.5-12" wide. I stepped down to the 28x10.5" (No W) now about 10.5" wide. I did nothing else and I was able to put the car consistently into the 1.3's and run 9.0...

Since you have chimed in here I want to publicly thank you for all of the help throughout this journey. Without you and SpecialtyZ this we would not be at the stage we are at. We really look forward to the next few weeks and years to come. Once we get the fuel pressure drop off issues settled we can turn up the boost and see what she can really make.

Thanks, Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote