View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #90 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Not everyone has issues but some people have.

To be clear: My goal here wasn't to start a pissing contest. I had a Z1 kit ready to purchase until Pintsize said she had issues with it warping her hood on the drivers side and had to uninstall them so I started looking for alternatives. At a MAZOC meet, one of the cars that showed up (I think it might have been xXXChrisXXx) had Kelly's hood damper kit and I really liked what I saw.

I tracked down Kelly on the forums and begged him to build me a set and he asked me to help drum up interest so that he can at least break even on the kits by selling more than just mine. Like literally bugged him until he agreed to make me a set. I think it took 3-4 PMs.

Basically, the guy was doing me a favor. If you have the Z1 kit and are happy with it, great. Several people *have* complained about it kit and Kelly's kit is just another way to go. I'm making no money off of this and Kelly is making very little (if any) so please stop acting like this is some sort of scam.
First off, no one is "acting like this is some sort of scam." I've read all the threads and acknowledge that some folks are having problems with the struts - Z1's and others. I think it is an issue with manufacturing tolerances involving the hood and fenders. None of my friends here have complained about fitment issues. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

The only reason I posted was to point out that NOT everyone is having problems with Z1 struts.

I think Kelly is a great guy. He saw a need, engineered a solution, and shared it. Whether he makes a nickel a set or $100 is none of my business or concern. I hope he is making something to compensate for the the time he has put in.

It's good to see that he is willing to take more time out to help fellow Z owners.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote