View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Thats not all the way true... Nissan will only replace an engine if the oil level drops 10mm on the dipstick after 1500 miles... My engine consumes a little bit of oil, but not enough to get the engine replaced...

0w40 is thinner at startup compared to 5w30 yes... but at operating range, the 0w40 would be thicker.
Exactly, your car probably burns oil...

And I know it's thicker at operating, but if the goal is to prevent oil from being consumed, 10W40 is a better choice

(But 0W40 puts less stress on the whole system at start-up, that's why I think a lot of people go with it)
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote