View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 02:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Sardis
Base Member

Drives: EX Z Owner
Sardis is on a distinguished road

You shouldn't have to purchase a Cayman to have a smooth engine. If you have driven older variants of the VQ or Nissan engines, you would know price isn't the issue here. I have an ancient Q45 with the Vh45 with over 150k miles and it's perfectly smooth as the day it rolled off the showroom..

It's just the one thing everyone knows could be better on an otherwise advanced engine in a great car.

I don't think it needs to be twice as expensive to get rid of this coarseness. It's certainly better than the DE, that just felt like it was going to grenade toward redline... Now that the VQ revs so high it would be nice to have it smooth, it would certainly shut up all the whiners, what would they complain about then?? They would really have to nitpick..

Most of these reviewers will have a few spirited runs in the car, while the owners will get to enjoy them every day. The owners can accept the coarseness on an otherwise near perfect car, considering the price, virtually flawless... While the reviewers never have the chance to have that experience..

It's been an ongoing issue of contention since the original 350z and has been improved on, I hope with the next version it is eliminated