View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #9801 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
So I think I finished up Ms. Pint's start button with the blue LED swap. Definitely can tell it was my first attempt at soldering tiny a$$ objects like these LEDs. Some of them look great while others look Plus, I kind of might have damaged the circuit board If it works, GREAT! If not, I think it's trashed lol - that's why I bought an extra one to practice I think I just need two more tools and possibly a helper and I can do the swaps much quicker and cleaner.

So I get in the car to take out the pieces to test the start button. I get as far as taking off the shift knob and the shift boot trim. Since I detailed the interior this morning, I decided to take the shift boot and trim apart to deep clean them. Next thing I know, I find myself sanding the silver trim and prepping it to paint. I back the car out of the garage and have two layers of adhesion promoter and about to spray the base coat.

Sorry, Ms. Pint, your start button is on hold

Any pic???