View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gauge
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Nismo PW
Gauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the roughGauge is a jewel in the rough
Default Stripped demon bolt, need idea

Dunno what to do.

Firstly the passenger side snapped on the first twist. Took like 3 seconds. I was like heh this is easy.

Went to driver side. Wow. **** you nissan. **** you hard. It boggles the mind why someone would do this to a bolt. There are so many things wrong with this.

First, the location. Did they want people to remove the entire steering column to replace the cats? WTF were they thinking.

I got the bolt to turn around several times. I almost wish I didn't. I wish it would have snapped. Would have been easier. But a bolt can only take so much. It eventually rubbed down and now I can't turn it. I must have gotten it around 3 times. Once you turn it, you ain't done.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm incredibly anti-shop. I don't want other people working on my car, especially where I live, because they don't give two ***** about your car. They just want in and out.

Can anyone give any ideas as to how to get it out... I've thought about turning it the other way and trying to snap it tightening it, but I've already got it 3 to the left so I don't know.

Why why why why Nissan. There are just so many things wrong about this I don't even know how they missed all of them. Did they think one set of cats for the entire life of the car would work... jesus.