View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #43 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool Stillen Oil Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka2581 View Post
Well I'm thinking FI exhaust and an oil cooler does anyone know a good one to get? And I'm thinking about getting a 3M clear bra.
I got a Stillen 19 Row Oil Cooler - Since I don't track the car, it's way more than I need. I actually have all but the four top rows blanked off with a plate so as to get the oil temp's up to 180 on cold days (in New Orleans, there's not many of those, but they do occur), and the oil temps stay at 200 during regular driving in the summer, and may hit 210 -215 during spirited driving. The magic happens when you do climb in oil temps, the cooling back to normal temps occurs pretty quickly.

At oil changes, I put in 5.5Qts of new oil now. This puts me right at the top line of the dipstick. I also change oil at or before 3K miles so as to keep realy dirty oil from being trapped in the oil cooler and contaminating my new oil. there's no easy way of draining the oil out of the oil cooler, so... Cheap insurance if nothing else...

My only regret is I did not get a Thermostatic Adapter Plate which would have negated the need for a blank plate stuck on the oil cooler... I would advise you to see about getting one of those.

Hope this helps.

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote