View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MSH View Post
I run long tube headers that come together at a 3" collector. That goes through a 3" ID x 6" OD x 18" long resonator and dumps straight down behind the Cabin and I was on the SCCA limit at Nat'ls. The car is PLENTY loud made tolerable by the purr that Nissan's are known for. When I'm on the pipe, it's music.

Please run through at least one big straight-through resonator or two small ones and point all that to earth!!!! Besides you don't want to give up too much low-end torque with an open system.

Guys like me (and plenty of others here), who play by the rules, don't want the limits dropped because of those who make too much racket...
my test pipes i have are resonated. also where my exhaust ends right after the differential, its a true dual exhaust and each side ends at an 18" resonator. thats probably what keeps the noise down. so it goes through 24" worth of resonators before it exits. my exhaust is also only 60mm piping. (2.36")

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....

Last edited by chrischhorn; 02-08-2013 at 11:01 PM.
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote