View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Vectorsumio
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z Nismo
Vectorsumio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I've been thinking of powder coating my wheels for awhile now, I go back and forth because my Cooper S has black wheels and they look great, but get dirty so fast.
The silver wheels on the Z always look good, even when dirty.

If you go with black, IMO the stripe makes the wheel looks smaller on a 19" rim. Also reminds me of all the $150 cheap wheels that come with a red stripe these days.
If you do go with a stripe, I think it would look better thinner. See pic attached.
Sweet pics!

I almost went ahead with this project this last week until I saw something at one of the shops I visited. It's called "black chrome" and OMG was it sexy!!!

Your photo of the Nismo with the black looks exactly like what I want. I've thought about the red strip a lot too, I just wanted something to "tie" the red into the mix. For what ever reason, the silver on these rims is just crap to me. I saw a new sports/touring with the rims they come with and the silver on those is like 10x more shinny and it's finished throughout the rim, ours are just painted on the outside and the inside is all overspray. (hate it)
Vectorsumio is offline   Reply With Quote