View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #86 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntcount View Post
Man, I wish I knew about this earlier. I need to follow this forum more thoroughly. My steering lock died earlier this week. Towed it to the dealer. $1600 to fix.

The service techs told me the proved that it was in fact the failed steering lock by putting in a steering lock from an altima and "running the tests which pass with the working lock, but fail with my lock."

I told them if they can get it started, that they should pull the fuse then we'll be good to go. They told me something about that not working because of some communication with either the BCM or ECU (can't remember which). I'm a car tech noob.

Does this make any sense, or should I push back on this?
They are Nissan techs and they have no Fvcking clue,
My discovery to remove the fuse has been argued since I recommend it and nobody has had any problems(except for a delay in starting which has not been proven to be related)if the Nissan techs studied these cars as much as we do they just may learn something.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote