View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that's the same width tape i used. Stanley knife blade to cut it and trim it to fit over all those ridges.
I'll get some photos of the airboxes soon!

For the flex tube (i assume you mean the accordion tube) i am just going to replace it with a silicone one. Silicone should be more resistant to heat and insulate better, plus it smoothens out the airway for some slight gains. Only problem is they're much more expensive than oven mitts! and for me i'll have to wait about 2 weeks for them to arrive from the US.

I would advise against more than 1 layer of the foil reflective tape. Some parts of the airbox are quite close to nearby components so you don't want any rubbing or fitment issues if you make the airbox too fat
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote