View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Grindkiezer
Track Member

Drives: A Car
Grindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of lightGrindkiezer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
The OP is confused. He owns a monterrey blue car and is wondering why the lights do not match the car identically. That is the information in his head that he could not get out.

In all seriousness the problem is not with the bulbs its with your expectations. They are only supposed to have some blue in the visible spectrum, just as you move up in degrees the blue starts turning violet. At 12K you will not have violet light emmitting from your headlights just as you do not have overpowering blue now. Simply there will be a hint of it in the visible spectrum. The light output you see on the road will go from being a warmer (yellowish/orange) to a cooler (blueish/violet) in relation to the Kelvin rating. The sweet spot being around 5K where it will be closest to pure white output. If you do not like JW's color in 10K move to 12K as others have suggested. Or you may want to try some Ebay specials in 10K-12K. They may more closely resemble the BLUE,in all its glory, you want it to be.

Again as others have mentioned the ones you have look pretty fvcking blue to me. It is your expectations that need to fall in line.
Wrong again, I'm not trying to match my car. Im just trying to get a blue light going, but the 10k I have don't seem as blue as all what I've seen. I don't care about 5k that's why I went to 6 then 8 and now 10 I'm not going for maximum light output, just the color alone