View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #79 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

I got my hair cut last night and as I went to leave, my car battery was not strong enough to start. The cutter had jumper cables and with her brand new car, which she did not know how to pop the hood on, (I did) got my car started. This reset my outside temperature to celsius. 14 degrees.

Last time I left her place I had also had a very long massage and was so relaxed I was impaired. This time I was not.

It was dark and initially I had the road to myself. Driving in the dark allows a different style of driving, due to the fact you can see headlights coming through the trees and around turns.

Up ahead I was approaching something and if I stayed on my current pace I should be able to catch up before the passing zone. The passing zone, enchanting Mrs March 2013 BC20 knows all too well . It was a brand new paper plated Merc. I'm quite sure it cost more than a GTR but few GTR's would travel so slowly on a great road.

As I got to the zone one, two then three cars were were in it going the opposite way! As the third and last car went by me, I made my move about 20 feet further than is normal for me. The bastard Merc nailed the gas and tried to prevent me from getting by. It made no difference. I was past him but since nobody was coming the opposite way, I stayed a little longer in the wrong lane so as not to pressure the guy who cared not one wit about my safety, but I was past and gone. His high beams had no effect either as I have that cool rear view mirror (home link).

A mile or two down the road I came up on a truck. As I contemplated where to pass this, they went the other direction. Great. I then saw another car that became my next obstacle. As I met this vehicle going up hill, I was at the next spot to go by without one moment lost. It is fabulous to have a car like the Z which has power on tap, when you need it.

It was just one of those perfect drives. The only other possible obstruction was a truck that saw me coming and waited rather than get in front of me. Thank you sir, whoever you are .

As I pulled in the garage to but my battery on the charger, I thought, what a lucky fellow I am (am I)*.

* grammar check
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber

Last edited by Mt Tam I am; 02-07-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote