View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
What's the difference in distance in 150-0 or 100-0 or 60-0 between akebono vs base?

For repeated hard stops (track application), of course the larger disc and bigger caliper will be better to cope with heat. After all, braking performance is really a measure of efficiency in converting kinetic energy into heat energy (and then the dissipation of the heat). For street, I'll concur with Corbin

However, I do understand that we all want that little extra, I mean....one never needs 330+ hp to get from point a to point b, but we all want more

For street driving, ALL that matters is how quickly you can lock up your brakes... I BET you can lock them up just as quickly as the brakes on a 370Z with sport package brakes (all things being equal)
The difference DOES come with how many times you can do that...

I'd hazard a guess that a base Z with slotted or drilled rotors can out stop a sport Z with the standard rotors (pads glaze over when breaking really hard and the slots or holes keep the glazing from happening)
And adding a high temp fluid should be good enough as well.
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote