View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

When I recently did the transmiission and diff fluids, we put one end of the car up on ramps on a slight incline (leveling the car properly). We put jack stands underneath it just for safety, though there was a bit of the gap between the car and the stands. When I went to back the car off the ramps after the transmission flush, we forgot to take out the jack stands I knocked one of them over and got hung up on the other one just as I started down the ramp incline. Carefully pulled back up on the ramps, removed the jack stands, and determined there was no damage, thankfully. So we turn the car around and back it on the ramps to do the rear diff. We again put the jack stands under the car, though this time they were much more flush. When we're done, my buddy starts to back the car off the ramps and realizes immediately that we left the jack stands under there again Luckily, this stupid sequence had zero consequences, but it was still stupid

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote