View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #34201 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frost View Post
It's getting better. I've noticed some quirks about the show, like, it almost always has an ending where it just "drops" you at an awkward point. I noticed the show doesn't explain itself, which is good if you're clever and pay attention, but bad for anyone on the lower end of the iq scale. I think it' refreshing to watch something that doesn't have to explain itself.
Case in point from last night's episode; the main guy says to the elevator guy "can I ask you a question?" while pulling a couple bills out of his pocket. Then the scene is over and we go about the rest of the show. Now, toward the end, they come in and the elevator is broke down, so they have to use the stairs making his boss sick.
They never explained that he paid the elevator guy to do that, or that he was getting back at his boss for hitting on his wife, but if you were smart enough, you pieced it together.

Yes, intelligent TV is a rarity, one reason the show was so highly rated, besides being such an accurate portrayal of the early/mid '60's