View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
I would not use the stock studs for this application. You could get away with 5mm, but I wouldn't run them hard. I concur with Hithere to either use the bolts that come with the spacers (H&R's are harder than stock) or get some ARP bolts and open lugs.
Really? I thought aftermarket would be softer. Harder ones would be more prone to snapping off under stress.

Side story: Good pipe wrenches can be bent almost into a loop - they're softer steel and won't break. Ridgid (Elyria, OH) has 48" steel wrench in their warranty department that was torqued with a fork lift on an oil platform. Wouldn't break, so they kept pushing until the thing looked like a retarded pretzel. Then they wanted it replace, even though it worked as intended (designed not to shatter).