View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Want to Know How Many Priuses Are Registered with the DMV in Marin? That'll Cost You $12K

Want to Know How Many Priuses Are Registered with the DMV in Marin? That'll Cost You $12K - Novato, CA Patch

In order to fulfill Patch's request, DMV officials said the agency had to charge Patch $135 per hour for 10 hours ($1,350) to create the extraction program, plus $880 per hour for 10 hours ($8,800) to run the program, plus $.10 for each Prius in Marin identified in the extraction (estimated by Patch at $2,000). Patch would also need to produce vehicle identification numbers (VIN) for each type of Prius in advance of the search.

That's approximately $12,150 for a single piece of data - that is, the number of Toyota Priuses registered in Marin County. We declined to pay the fee

So the estimated number of Prius in my county is 20,000.

So all my previous ranting is because they are seemingly everywhere.

Today I got off to a good start when I found my first "trendy" car to slow me down. With good fortune it turned off leaving me a nice unobstructed road.

Before I arrived at the only stop sign, the car ahead turned off the unusual direction again leaving me with a lonely road. It was not until the last turn, several miles later, where a Prius finally held me up. Looking in the rear view mirror produced another Prius entering the roadway. This is what inspired me to look up how many of these damnalbe machines exist.

I removed my XP8 brake pads for a couple months between track sessions, and at one spot every day under hard braking, I skid or slide the tiniest bit where as the XP8's did not. Otherwise the stock pads are fine for my street use.

I wish everyone well.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote