View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of
Default fuel pump went out

As the title says I had to tow my 2010 nismo to the dealership. (49k miles on my OD) after a 2 hour diagnostics they found out the fuel pump went out.

symptoms: car wouldnt hold an idle upon start up. it would eventually die after a couple of attempts.

crazy thing is i thought it was my 3 year old battery so I swapped in a new one and the car fired right up and drove like a champ all friday night and saturday morning. then sat afternoon she wouldn't start. same symptoms.....

heres something odd though.... the dealership just called saying they ordered a pump for a regular Z but it wont work in the nismo. does the nismo have a different pump or just some different bracketry?

some co-workers just mentioned driving with my gas tank close to E all the time burns up the pump since the extra fuel cools it. is this true?

Last edited by fuct; 02-05-2013 at 01:35 PM.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote