Thread: load index
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
As i stated, my .02. Take it or leave. Manufacturer specs is what they are for a reason. If you don't like it, you can find a shop that doesn't care either. Good thing there isn't any extra forced pushed onto the tires when you hit potholes, bumps, dips, or lips in the road that cause extra compression on your tires in quick bursts....... Lucky..... Kinda like saying, a 200 lb man jumping is only landing at 200lbs of force.
I agree, and this type of thread should be a sticky for educational purposes. Easy example: scale reads real high the moment you step on it, then backs down to your real weight.

Motions create extra load on the tires. The debate is really about how much extra and what the safe margin is.

There must be a formula somewhere...
cv129 is offline   Reply With Quote