View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
dthem370
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
dthem370 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Thanks for reporting on all of this.

Yeah I don't think the cruise control loss would affect UpRev switching. It's more about RPMs + wheel speed sensors not matching up the way the ECU expects that kills Cruise Control.

Q's:

1) Does VDC work now or is it forced-off? (which might actually be a good thing!). If it still works, does it seem to work correctly or does it make even worse corrections than usual?

2) The "manual rear end" thing... was your car a Sport Pkg 7AT with the VLSD before, or not? I'm just curious if this was about your rear end not being a factory VLSD, or if it was actually about the manual/auto thing, because the service manual doesn't seem to think there's much difference between manual/auto at the back, just VLSD -vs- Open.

3) You said 7AT revmatch "seems" to still work, but you needed to do some "sport mode" driving... that makes me a little leery yet since we don't know we're on the same page here. Can you drive the thing around in Manual mode and actually downshift, e.g. 4 -> 3 or 3 -> 2, and the rev match happens correctly for a smooth downshift (try it under braking, around 3.5K RPM in the higher gear before the shift).
1. VDC still works perfectly fine. It does come on more than before because of course there is less traction now with the 4.08s.

2. My car was a sport package 7AT before and I swapped to a sport package manual differential. So basically I had the stock VLSD before and after the swap.

3. Yes you can drive around in manual mode and shift up or down. To me it feels perfectly fine and I do drive around using the paddles and shifter often. I have tried it under braking and it feels the same as how it was when stock. The one thing you will notice is that you will need to shift much quicker out of 1st and 2nd gear because of the gear swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
I don't understand why the 7AT loses cruise control from doing gears. My biggest concern with that is UpRev uses the cruise control button to set the maps so will doing gears on a 7AT screw up UpRev?
No it does not screw up Uprev. You can still switch between your tunes like normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z370Z011 View Post
Will the gears affect a 6MT cruise control as well?
This review sold me on the gears! Killer write up!
From my research it seems like the manuals cruise control still seems to work fine after the gear swap.
dthem370 is offline   Reply With Quote