View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #59 (permalink)
Nillaz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z M6 Sport
Nillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond reputeNillaz has a reputation beyond repute

I've been driving my Z this winter and while it's been relatively mild there has been some snow. It's livable in the snow and it handles better than some of the other RWD sports cars I've owned....ie you can make it slide pretty easily but it's fairly predictable in it's handling. I still wouldn't try to take it out with more than about 4" of snow or you're going to be plowing through it.

I do get weird looks from people when I'm out and about in the snow, but with dedicated snow tires (NOT all seasons aka no seasons!) it's a piece of cake if you use some common sense.

FWIW I've had Blizzaks and loved them but they wore poorly for me. Currently I have Dunlop Wintersports and while not quite as aggressive as the Blizzaks in the snow they are much better on dry pavement and are wearing significantly better than the Blizzaks did.
Nillaz is offline   Reply With Quote