View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
dal1307
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S 5AT
dal1307 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I have an uprev tune done at zcargarage in San Jose but am about to re-tune for high altitude driving in Colorado.

two questions (one easy one harder)

1. Do I need to retune from my present settings at warm sea level, to cooler and much altitude higher driving??? (between work at 5,500 feet and my home at 9,000 feet). I feel like the computer will adjust, but really do not know.

I could easily replace the Valet map(#3) or stock map(#2) for a mountain map.

2. I have experienced numerous occurrences of the following: While decelerating in a right fairly aggressive downhill turn (engine braking), about two seconds after the downshift (with and without SRM) I get a little "throttle blip" and lose some of my engine braking. Could this be a VDC function? It is really annoying, and (as I am usually counting on the engine decel) has me hopping on my brakes (which is inelegant and maybe a tiny bit unsafe as it always catches me by surprise)

3. (bonus question) Anybody have a good denver area tuner they can recommend??
3. (bonus answer) MAC Autosport (Welcome to MAC Autosport) I don't trust anyone else around here. Tell them that Dave with the Stillen SC Blue Slate G37 sent you (BTW, that is my car at the top of their home page).

Last edited by dal1307; 02-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.
dal1307 is offline   Reply With Quote