View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
tower74
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
tower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond reputetower74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMIX View Post
yesterday i brought my car is for a check engine light and some extremely loud noise coming from under the hood at one point....

Sooooo.. today i get a call.. and i hear from Nissan asking if ive messed with the ecu(due to my car being seen at Z1 and Topspeed..) and if ive gotten a tune... well i dont have the money for a tune at the moment.. and i was pretty much getting the serious talk from nissan asking multiple times if ive messed with the ecu.. well i havent..

ECU: random cylinder misfire... car is actually misfiring bad over at Nissan as soon as they started it up... I was told the loud noise was probably due to the (i might be wrong i believe he said) intake valve being stuck open.. Supposedly my ecu is shooting codes left and right

Im getting a new ecu under federal emmisions.. for free but nobody seems to be happy with me..

I just want to get my car back..
screw wanting parts i just want to enjoy the Z i am paying for
The intake timing control timing valve gets stuck open due to old dirty oil. I know mine was stuck open and the car ran like sh*t. I was close to can oil change and drove a bit longer and then BAM the car went into limp mode and a few days later after searching we found it by accident. It's easy to fix, without taking it to Nissan. This will throw a ton of codes but it's as simple as pulling the timing valve and popping it back closed. Problem solved.

And yes it does sound like someone ran the hell out of your car. I hope you bought the extended warranty.

Last edited by tower74; 02-04-2013 at 09:39 PM.
tower74 is offline   Reply With Quote