View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
It's been cold here, and the stock tires probably aren't gripping that great. I bet the car is trying to control/prevent slip.
Yeah that is my guess too! I just didn't know the VDC could do that.

I was wondering if anybody else on the forum had experienced that type of "traction control". The first time I felt it (it happens on an off-ramp I sometimes take coming into San Francisco) it definitely felt like malfunction or poorly tuned electronic throttle kind of thing. The car is in Colorado now but I have a great off-ramp in mind to try and reproduce the conditions in another spot. I guess I'll look for the VDC light to flash at me to indicate a "correction."

The thing is, it feels like I'm pretty far from losing traction when this happens. (not on the edge of the traction circle from the feel of it) So it is pretty (overly) conservative if it really is the VDC. I guess the thing to do is try to reproduce the phenomena in straight and turning decelerations to see if it really is a traction correction.

Anybody else ever experience this?
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote