View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
mikeSS
Base Member

Drives: performance
mikeSS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
Is that the same concept as a resonator, basically?
It does more than what a resonator does, it does something with frequencies. regular style resonators really do not cancel drone out, rather reduce it. There is ways to completely cancel out drone, and have your exhaust sound as loud as ****. Ever heard of a corsa exhaust, they have something in there exhaust that can tone out exhaust sound at a certain frequency.
Corsa Performance Exhaust - Reflective Sound Cancellation™ BUT that pretty much corsa exclusive, most go with the helmohtlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Does this ghetto áss solution really work?!?!?!
YES it works !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
Helmholtz resonator. Some guys custom weld them. A few exhaust manufacturers use them as well. Reason why aftermarket parts are so much more is because this is a low volume vehicle. You came from a car that has 100,000+ sales every year to a car that is currently around 8,000 per year. So we foot the bill for R&D instead of sharing it with shed loads of others. A high quality exhaust cost 2x what it would on a domestic. Headers are slightly cheaper though. Just expect everything to be 2x as much and half the performance gains.
Ya i forgot, thats what they are called. I guess i will have to look into a custom job.