View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
I always instruct them that it needs atleast 5.5 qts because of the oil cooler but in this case they were dealing with an oil leek that was where the oil pan cracked where the oil cooler line comes in and they knewI have an oil coolers. Also it was the foreman doing the work. Its not like it was just a regular oil change. I was a bit annoyed because I always get ester oil and this time they didn't put ester oil in but I have never gotten my car back that low. It was basically 1.5 qts low. I suspect it might be burning oil but I hope not.. It never did in the past.
I have a feeling we're missing a part of this picture... What are you getting CHARGED for? (If you're getting charged for 5.5-6 quarts of Ester oil and they're not doing it, skip the next paragraph)

The car NEEDS 5.125 quarts... Since you put an aftermarket oil cooler yours NEEDS more, but since that's not their monkey, why is it THEIR job?

So, if you're paying for Ester, and the amount you tell them, and they're not doing it, go into the dealer and have them change it. All my dealers know that if they don't put Ester I'm brining it back, which I had to once
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote