View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1st real issue: EPC and Check engine lights

On my 2012 VW GTI
....and an interesting ticking/tapping sound from the engine.

Was on the way home from the gym cruising on the Autobahn. Just prior to my exit both lights popped on with a loss of power. Pulled over near the exit. Did a quick visual inspection of the motor, no issues found. Turned it back on and the machine was running a bit rough. No EPC now just the CEL. Drove 1km home.

Audi mechanic friend cruized by and checked it out. No idea what the sound could really be. He followed me over to the dealer and used the 24 hour drop service. So they have it and can get right to work tomorrow. I have the latest rev coil-packs and none of have failed so far. Be interesting to see what my dealer says tomorrow. I will report back!!

Fortunately I only live 4km from my VW dealer. Car ran better on the way over there tonight. Just a couple hundred meters from the entrance to the dealer, EPC came back on and was running rough again. Before that it appeared to make normal power. CEL was on all the way.
The ticking sound was actually less audible but def still there. Its a 12 2door with 21,000+km at this point. Totally stock.

Last edited by DLSTR; 02-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote