Thread: 4.08 gears
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
no im not tracking the car just want to make it a little quicker i have seen some kits for the 4.08 gears and they say if you have over 25k miles then you should change out some other things the stage 2 kit they call it and i think z1 sells it for close to a 1k is that the right kit and is it worth it i dont really have any good salvage yards around im just tring to find out exactly what i need and want it to get done right
thanks for your response i really appriecate all the information i just bought this car a couple months ago and really like it just not used to the z's
It's recommended that you change out all the bearings and seals, along with new hardware. Z1 sales the kit I believe.

*also, please find a competent mechanic for this. If the backlash isn't set correctly, your gears could be toast real fast. Been there done that.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.

Last edited by MJB; 02-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote