View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Telephone
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Sport M6
Telephone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
This isnt soo much about me being picky and I think you missed some stuff. The oil was low and the dealer did not put ester (like normal) and were closed so I was just trying to get an idea of what they usually would use so I can put some more in (top it off) and see if its burning oil. Considering I had a massive oil leak and lost almost all my oil I think thats a pretty valid concern.

Anyway I read online that as its safe to mix synthetic/non-synthetic oils but mixing regular with synthetic will lower the quality of the synthetic. I know the dealer said if synthetic they use mobil one so I went ahead and got some of that and topped it off. The car was almost 1qt low. This is a day or two after having major work done at the dealer (replacing the upper oil pan and valves that go with it). I need to know if the car is burning oil like crazy (possible) or the dealer just f*cked up and put too little oil in (like a bit less than 5qt even though I have an oil cooler which means at least 5.5 qt).

I guess I will know in a few days...
Bring the car back to the dealer and ask them to inspect for leaks. Inform them that you have an aftermarket oil cooler which makes your Z require more than the standard 5.1 qts. Do not leave the dealer until the oil is topped off. Check for leaks as needed.
Telephone is offline   Reply With Quote