View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #113 (permalink)
irondoc
Base Member

Drives: 13 370 6MT sport tou
irondoc is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=dansracing;2142735]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondoc View Post

Very well said. The only real point in reading these forums is that there are so many opinions. Those opinions are based on many different circumstances and attitudes. There are posters from the age of 15 to 50, and those that will never be happy and those that will never have enough power. And of course those who think that if you don't do it like they did it then it is wrong. The great thing is that you can read through all of that and pretty quickly determine what is BS and what you can actually use. The bottom line is your car is unique to you, and your wants are not what others may be wanting so don't get caught up in the negativity. Since this is a "Stillen" thread, I will proudly say that I just ordered my Stillen SC and it's on the way. I am completely happy with my decision and have done enough research to satisfy me. My expectations are in line with what I know about it and I plan on being okay with it. If its not, then I will change it.
Thank you for all of the info that I have absorbed from this and other threads and to all of you who just state your experiences and not just come in here to bash a product that may not have worked out for you.
Dan, Though you may end up going nuts with 9-10 psi pulleys, and other ways to get up close to 500whp, the initial Stillen tune will make such a big jump in power over your NISMO it will be startling. This is by far the fastest car I have ever owned. I have learned that I get much better acceleration with the traction control turned off. When on, it kicks in constantly and every time the squiggly lines show up the engine backs off on the throttle. The only problem is it is way too easy to leave tread on the pavement. You will have a blast. Who is doing the install and when do you expect it to be ready?
irondoc is offline   Reply With Quote